ACT / Prime for Life
We are a state of Montana approved site for Prime for Life (PFL) or Assessment, Course and Treatment (ACT) Class. This is a court ordered service for individuals convicted of:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or other Drugs
- Misdemeanor Possession of Dangerous Drug or Drug Paraphernalia
The Prime For Life course is an evidenced-based prevention and intervention program. The course helps people learn to reduce their risks of alcohol and drug relates problems thought life.
How to Register
- Come into the clinic to complete paperwork, pay your fee and make an appointment for your assessment.
- Submit the following form and you will be contacted to pay the fee along with scheduling your assessment.
- Bring a completed enrollment form it into the clinic, pay the fee and make an appointment for your assessment.
Please bring a copy of your court order referral or citation as it will be needed upon completion of the course. A release of information will need to be signed for the court and/or your legal counsel.
The fee is $325 (card, cash or check) which includes 12 hour class and assessment.
Completion of the course will NOT be provided until the fee is paid in full, including notification of the courts of participation.
Instar Community Services
1112 Leslie Avenue
Sharbono Building 2nd Floor
Helena, MT 59601
3rd weekend of the month
Saturday and Sunday from 9AM-3PM.
You will also need to schedule an evaluation.
Treatment is mandatory for any 2nd or subsequent offense upon completion of the Prime For Life including one year monthly monitoring from date of entering the treatment program.
Please inform yourself with Montana Annotated Code DUI Laws:
Montana Code Annotated 2017
Title 61. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 8. Traffic Regulation
Part 4. Part 7. Driving Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs